The High Performance Computing Cluster, nicknamed BSWIFT, is a BSOS-owned computing resource managed and maintained by the Office of Academic Computing Services (OACS) in the Behavioral and Social Sciences College (BSOS). This service, which is open to all BSOS faculty and faculty-sponsored students, is powered by an IBM System x iDataPlex system based on the University of Maryland's GLUE UNIX platform.
Please note: BSWIFT staff supports the hardware and operating system only. It is assumed that the BSWIFT user is already versed with Unix / Linux and can navigate via command line. Application and/or code support is provided to a limited extent.
- General Policies (pdf version)
- Getting Started
- List of available software
- Account request*
- Resource reservation*
- System status
- bswift-admins [at] umd [dot] edu (Contact BSWIFT staff)
- Division of IT's high performance computer: DeepThought and DeepThought2
- GLUE wiki*
- HPCC on GLUE wiki*
NOTE: Documentation for DeepThought may be applied to BSWIFT since both systems share the same GLUE UNIX platform.
* indicates that UM LDAP authentication is required